The Junior League of Hartford, Inc. is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
The Junior League: Women Around the World as Catalysts for Lasting Community Change.
Welcome to the website of The Junior League of Hartford, Inc.! The Junior League of Hartford celebrates its 90th anniversary this year. Founded in 1921, the League has seen many changes over the decades, but has remained rooted in its mission and implemented wide-ranging community programs that continue to serve the Greater Hartford community today. The League’s current community impact focus is the Alleviation of Hunger in Hartford.
Many programs the Junior League of Hartford initially collaborated on continue to operate under the guidance of partner organizations today. A few that continue to thrive under the League’s direct leadership are:
• The Clothes Horse, which has operated for 65 continuous years
• Souper Sustainers, which celebrates its 25th anniversary this year
• The annual Links & Laughter ladies golf outing and luncheon, which celebrated its 10th anniversary this year
• The Backpack Program that was implemented 5 years ago
• Freshplace, a collaborative project with Chrysalis Center Inc. and Foodshare that opened its doors in July 2010
• The Decorator’s Show House, brought to life every three years, opens again in May 2012 for the 12th time
As part of the Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc. the Junior League of Hartford is part of a network of over 155,000 women in 292 Leagues in four countries who make a difference in their communities every day through their volunteer efforts.
Our website celebrates the energy, collaboration, and savvy of our League and our members. We invite you to read about what we are doing today and hope you’ll share our passion for this remarkable organization and its members. We hope you’ll consider joining us, sponsoring one of our activities, or attending one of our events.