Provisional Membership Requirements
The Junior League of Hartford is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
According to the bylaws of the Junior League of Hartford, "Prospective members shall have attained the age of 21 years, shall be only women, shall reside in the greater Hartford area at the time of admission to Provisional membership, and shall possess an interest in voluntarism and a commitment to community service. A prospective member shall be considered for membership based on her commitment to voluntarism without regard to religion, race, color, national origin, or disability."
Provisional Membership Requirements (must accumulate at least 18 credits):• Attend at least 4 (of 8) Provisional meetings (1 credit each)
• Attendat least 4 (of 9) General Membership Meetings (1 credit each)
• Donate merchandise in the amount of $100 to our thrift shop, The Clothes Horse
• Volunteer 3 hours for The Clothes Horse (3 credits)
• Fulfill financial obligation of $195 ($145 member dues plus $50 course fee)
• Earn at least an additional 7 JLH "Credits" in any of the following ways
- Participate in the Fall and Spring Provisional Projects (3 credits each)
- Attend extra Provisional or General Membership Meetings (1 credit each)
- Attend Special Events (1 credit each)
- Participate in JLH or AJLI trainings (varies)
- JLH organized Community Volunteering (1 credit per hour volunteered)
- Extra Clothes Horse shifts (1 credit hour)
- Annual or Endowment Fund Donation (1 gift = 1 credit, $5 minimum for Annual Fund, $25 minimum for Endowment Fund)