The Junior League of Hartford is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
According to the bylaws of the Junior League of Hartford, "Prospective members shall have attained the age of 21 years, shall be only women, shall reside in the greater Hartford area at the time of admission to Provisional membership, and shall possess an interest in voluntarism and a commitment to community service. A prospective member shall be considered for membership based on her commitment to voluntarism without regard to religion, race, color, ancestry, national origin, or physical or mental disability."
As a new member, you will be required to:
• Attend 6 of 8 Provisional meetings
• Attend 3 of 9 general membership meetings
• Donate merchandise in the amount of $75 to our thrift shop, The Clothes Horse
• Complete 9 volunteer credits by working at The Clothes Horse and participating in the Fall and Spring Provisional projects
• Fulfill financial obligation of $195 ($145 member dues plus $50 course fee)
As an Active member, you will be required to:
• Serve on a Junior League committee
• Attend 3 of 9 general meetings
• Donate merchandise in the amount of $75 to The Clothes Horse
• Complete 9 volunteer or fundraising credits, 3 of which need to be done at The Clothes Horse
• Pay annual dues in the amount of $145