Done In A Day
The Junior League's Done In A Day Committee coordinates projects in support of area non-profit organizations and social service initiatives. Typically, taking on four to six one-day projects each year, Done In A Day provides volunteer support for community projects or events that can be accomplished in a one-time evening or weekend effort. When nonprofit agencies are limited in achieving their goals due to lack of manpower, this program provides a small, dedicated group of JLH volunteers. All projects selected meet a community need in the Greater Hartford area and relate to the Junior League's mission. In this way, the JLH is able to harness our volunteers to provide intense, short-term support for our community and other area not-for-profits.
If you would like to receive additional information or are interested in the possibility of enlisting JLH volunteers on behalf of your project or organization please contact us .
Examples of past Done In A Day projects include:
- Habitat for Humanity: "Women Build" house
- Peter's Retreat: Holiday decorating and party
- South Park Inn: Interior repainting
- Upper Albany Neighborhood: "Day of Projects" at 6 community service agencies
- Rebuilding Together Hartford: "Community Build" day
- Clark Elementary School: Exterior cleanup and landscaping
- Bridge Family Center's Eleanor House: Thanksgiving dinner
- My Sister's Place: Dinner and blanket project
- Red Cross: Blood drive