The Junior League’s Done In A Day Committee coordinates projects in support of area non-profit organizations and social service initiatives. The Done In A Day Committee typically organizes 2-3 events each month of the league year. Done In A Day provides volunteer support for community projects or events that can be accomplished in a one-time day, evening, or weekend effort. When nonprofit agencies are limited in achieving their goals due to lack of womanpower, this program provides a small, dedicated group of JLH volunteers to help. All projects selected meet a community need in the Greater Hartford area and relate to the Junior League’s mission. In this way, the JLH is able to harness our volunteers to provide intense, short-term support for our community and other area not-for-profits.
If you would like to receive additional information or are interested in the possibility of enlisting JLH volunteers on behalf of your project or organization please contact us.
Examples of past Done In A Day projects include:
- Park Road Beautification – Community Clean-up Walk
- Girls on the Run – Running buddy to Girls on the Run participant
- My Sister’s Place – Halloween and Winter Holiday party
- Project Linus – Making blankets for children in hospitals, shelters, and social service agencies
- Love146 – Making cards for child trafficking survivors
- Interval House – Hosting breakfast for residents
- Journey Home – Helping move furniture into client’s new homes
- Chrysalis Center – Fresh Place Market – food pantry