The Junior League’s Done In A Day Committee coordinates projects insupport of area non-profit organizations and social service initiatives. Typically, taking on four to six one-day projects each year, Done In A Day provides volunteer support for community projects or events that can be accomplished in a one-time evening or weekend effort. When nonprofit agencies are limited in achieving their goals due to lack of manpower, this program provides a small, dedicated group of JLH volunteers. All projects selected meet a community need in the Greater Hartford area and relate to the Junior League’s mission. In this way, the JLH is able to harness our volunteers to provide intense, short-term support for our community and other area not-for-profits.
If you would like to receive additional information or are interested in the possibility of enlisting JLH volunteers on behalf of your project or organization please contact us.
Examples of past Done In A Day projects include:
- Habitat for Humanity: “Women Build” house
- Peter’s Retreat: Holiday decorating and party
- South Park Inn: Interior repainting
- Upper Albany Neighborhood: “Day of Projects” at 6 community service agencies
- Rebuilding Together Hartford: “Community Build” day
- Clark Elementary School: Exterior cleanup and landscaping
- Bridge Family Center’s Eleanor House: Thanksgiving dinner
- My Sister’s Place: Dinner and blanket project
- Red Cross: Blood drive