Become a Member
The Junior League of Hartford, Inc. offers the following volunteer and personal development opportunities:
• Training to become an effective volunteer and volunteer leader
• Community involvement through hands-on projects
• Diverse and flexible volunteer initiatives
• Leadership skills development
• New friendships and lifelong affiliations
• Transfer option to Leagues in other cities and countries
Download our brochure for more information.
Eligibility for Membership
The Junior League of Hartford, Inc. welcomes all women over the age of 21 who demonstrate a commitment to voluntarism, regardless of race, religion, or national origin. No sponsor or referral is needed to become a member.
New Member Class
The Junior League of Hartford, Inc. is always interested in welcoming new members to our organization.
If you would like to become a member of the Junior League of Hartford, Inc., you will be asked to complete a New Member Course with a group of other women also considering membership. The New Member Course curriculum is designed to provide you with the necessary knowledge and experience to enter as an active member of the Junior League of Hartford. It includes training meetings, volunteer projects, and team building exercises as well as social opportunities to get to know your fellow New Members.
The “League year” runs from September to May for Active JLH Members. We accepted new members in September and January and have two New Member classes: Fall Class (September-December) and Spring Class (January-May).
Prospective members may reach out anytime and be placed on a list and contacted before the start of the next New Member Course. The New Member course and all requirements must be completed to become an Active Member.
To learn more about the league, we invite you to attend an upcoming Prospective Member Information Session prior to the start of the Fall New Member Class, where prospective members can learn more about the JLH and meet with current members of the League. Please note that while you are not required to attend an information session to join the JLH, we strongly encourage you to consider taking advantage of this opportunity to learn more about us.
- The Fall Information Sessions are now passed. If you would like to learn more about the League or if you are interested in joining, please contact Catherine Carroon or Michele Sok at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be on the lookout for more Prospective Member Information Sessions for the Spring Class this December!
Any questions, please contact Catherine Carroon or Michele Sok at email@example.com.
Interested in Becoming a Member?
Download the application. You may also request that one of our members call or email you. Alternatively, you may contact us and ask to be connected with our New Member Class Committee Chairs.